I have compiled the most FAQ about Yoni Steaming. If you need any additional support, please contact me for a 15 min complimentary call. This journey is very healing and I share my knowledge with you since I have a profound respect for what Mother Earth offerings.
Also known as vaginal steaming or v-steaming, yoni steaming is a holistic ancient practice done in different cultures around the world by steaming herbal blends into a pot and sitting over it letting the heat circulate the womb. This gentle treatment provides effective support for the female reproductive system, and invites reconnection with the powerful, creative energy of the divine feminine and the woman's womb.
Steaming treats the entire reproductive system and not just the vagina. Yoni is a Sanskrit word meaning "vagina", "womb" and "origin of life". It is the symbol of the Goddess (Shakti or Devi), the Hindu Divine Mother.
For basic plan, steaming can be weekly or 2/3 times prior and after menstruation.
For advances steaming plans: a menstrual cycle analysis should take place.
Please see below chart for plans and note that this can be tailored for your specific needs based on the menstrual cycle analysis ( add info) recommendations.
1) An evaluation should be done via the intake form (add form) to verify if you are able to steam seeing that there are hard contradictions (not eligible to steam) and soft contraindications (mild set up of max 10 min. of steaming). In addition, based on the form the best herb selection will be advised. Please take your time in entering the form correctly since it is important to provide the right herbs and verify if you are able to steam at this moment in time.
2) The right steaming plan will provided and can be tailored along the way since your healing is taking place and what worked last month for example, may not work this month.
3) If there are no underlying conditions, a basic steam plan will be provided. If there are any such as (PCOS, endometriosis, cysts, infertility etc.), a menstrual cycle analysis should be done and the right steaming plan (3 to 6 months of steaming) will be provided. The cost is $120 for the consultation and steaming plan. Herbs are sold separately. (Click here to book your consultation)
4) In order to begin seeing long-term results it is recommended to steam weekly consistently for 4 weeks and can go up to 3 to 6 months depending on your steaming plan and condition.
- Women who are pregnant or think there is any possibility that they might be.
- Women who have any type of internal infection (cervical, uterine or ovarian inflammation) or a fever, are encouraged not to steam until the symptoms have passed.
- Spontaneous bleeding in the last 3 months (a sit bath can be used in the meantime)
- If you are on your period.
- Post-surgery (less than 6 weeks or until healed)
Weekly: As part of an overall self-care routine (never during menstruation).
- 2/3 times per month before menstruation for woman who suffer from pain, bloating, short cycles, long cycles or exhaustion and 2/3 after menstruation.
- For woman who have underlying conditions, a tailored steam plan will be provided with proper guidance for the journey. (Click here to book your consultation)
Yes, however, please note that 1 session the results will be minimum. It is recommended to follow the recommendations since this is backed up by experience (assisted over 200 clients) that you will see results which is the minimum of a 4 week plan or steaming 2/3 times per month before menstruation for woman and 2/3 after menstruation.
This can cause an onset bleeding called hemorrhage since extra circulation is provided during the steam that opens and clears the cervix lining. During menstruation, the uterus is in its natural process of shedding and releasing. There is a downward moving energy, the added circulation by steaming may cause heavy bleeding and we don’t want that. Therefore, steaming is suggested prior and after your menstruation when your uterus is in restful state.
The main reason this is advice is it is that it is not a topic that is discussed in medical school and is an ancient practice. Western medical doctors may be resilient to the idea of vaginal steaming seeing that they do not have knowledge and they do not want to be liable if they recommend it and if it is not used with guidance of a professional who is certified to work with plant medicines. To add, there are not enough scientific studies to "prove" its effectiveness. Not because steaming is dangerous or ineffective.
Herbal medicine should be respected and used with care. Please refer to https://www.steamychick.com/4thtristudy/ for studies done. We recommend that you ask your doctor his or her reasons for the struggle to the treatment to better understand if the recommendation to not steam is specifically related to your unique body or situation, or is it a general statement about the tradition itself. However, listen to your own intuition as your main guide as this never fails.